Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Be Your Own Motivation!

Hey Ya'll....(I was told recently that I say "ya'll" alot-- but I never realized it I guess.....so for funsies....)

So no, I haven't totally fallen off the globe. I think about blogging all the time actually, but unfortunately that is as far as it has gotten.

The last time we hung out, I was trying to get to 50lbs lost by my birthday.... Which was August 12th. (yeah, I am a little behind.... just roll with it)

So did I make it? YES! On my birthday I actually was at 54lbs lost.




Now what? Well.........I fell off the wagon. OK, not really fell off, more like I have been dragged around behind the wagon for a while, kind of like water skiing but not nearly as attractive! haha.

But lets just be real here today? Ok? Not the fake real we want everyone to think about us, but the real deal, Jill. (oh.....I don't know anyone named Jill, it just sounded fun to say it like that.)

Since I hit that goal, it being my first real long term goal, I hit a wall. I gained a 2-3 pounds back. I remember looking at pictures of myself at this smaller size a year ago and thought....wow, if I could just get back to that weight, I'd be happy. Well, now I am here, and my motivation to continue has been lacking. By this point, most people have become accustomed to my weight loss, and the compliments that were so motivating (and lets face it, who doesn't like to hear "WOW LOOK HOW LITTLE YOU ARE" - even if you don't feel it)......have slowed down, and now its just me and my food addiction. This is where we begin to get real. See when I was very overweight, my body required more calories and it was in some sense "easier" for me to just cut back on portions and eat a little lighter, rather than "healthier" to get where I am. Now that I really am like 25lbs from a good solid goal weight, its going to take more effort. More effort that I am not sure I want to give.

But who has the time right? We know this, but we brush it off as -

"Psssh, you don't know me and what little time I have to workout!"

But as a full time working mom of 3 kids who is now going to school full time, trust me, I didn't think I had time either. Now that I am in school, I am sure I don't have time. But, if I had the opportunity to get up extra early and win 1000$ in cash, I am sure I could manage to find the time to get up extra early, but to get up extra early to work out, BLAH. We all have our vices of excuse. I mean nobody has time for anything they don't want to do. You make time for what is important to you. Period.

Not to mention that women have way more to deal with on weight loss than men. Monthly bloat and hormones wanting us to eat everything in sight. Which I have....everything! Trying to exercise during "mother nature", when lets face it, sometimes getting up and down out of a chair is uncomfortable. It has just put me in a weight loss FUNK this last month. I still have been trying to log everything in MyFitnessPal (sorry friends who see my multiple cheeseburgers a day bad days) but you get the good and the bad! :)

I was browsing pinterest last night looking at weight loss inspiration to find some motivation for myself. You know, those cute and clever quotes about how its not going to be easy, but be worth it and the transformation of others that makes you think....you can do this! Instead of working out, I was looking for motivation to work out. Typical huh?

I showed one to my husband telling him how these people look so different after losing weight, like not even the same person! I asked him if he feels that way about me. Then he showed me the below picture.



This was about 5-6 years ago -When I consistently maintained a weight around 220lbs....(not even my heaviest weight!)

Horrified at how awful I looked, I decided to take that picture next to me now. Or a week ago- you get the point.

I am my own motivation! Why do I think that 25lbs is unreachable when I have lost 50! Why do you think 50 is unreachable when you have lost 5 or 10? Why is 30 unreachable when you have lost 15? Its Not! Its a battle of the mind!

So I am going to do better about blogging, being accountable for what I put in my mouth, try to eat more veggies and less fat/sugar, and TRY to exercise. I know that I can do it, look how far I have come. Its like starting over again, a year later (almost exactly) with new goals. Want to join me?

Until next time,
Keep Calm......and realize how far you have come!

No comments:

Post a Comment